10.5.10

Girlfriends

I had some friends over the other night. It was a full fledged girlie movie night. There was wine, good snacks and a cheesy movie. I mean a full on high school cheese dog kind of movie. I'm not embarrassed to say that we watched New Moon. I'm not typically a vampire lover but I totally enjoyed this movie. I usually have a low tolerance for craptacular movies, but this one really spoke to my vampire/werewolf side. Although I was disappointed that they didn't cast a hot guy for the werewolf role. Don't get me wrong, he was all good from the neck down, I just think he would of looked better if he wore a mask for the whole movie. He's the kind of werewolf that you can dress up but have to leave in the pickup truck.

I do love hanging out with my girlfriends. It's possible I may be too social for my own good. Jess is quite the opposite. He would be perfectly content if we lived deep in the bush in a tiny cordwood cabin, with little contact from the outside world. He'd maybe need a brief visit from a friend or family member every 6 months or so. As long as the kids and I were with him he'd be happy. Although I do think Jess has a lot to offer, I'd need more than just him and our brood to sustain me. There is a portion of me that is reserved for girlfriend time and I am unwilling to accept substitutions. I need time to giggle and talk about fashion, food, celebrities, and any other nonsensical stuff. And, of course, watch crappy vampire movies.

Here is one of my favorite movie snacks. It's a twist on your regular bowl of popcorn.

Movie Night Popcorn

1 bowl of popped popcorn
sprinkling of Worcestershire sauce
1-2 tbsp of brewers yeast

Fill your bowl with popped popcorn and sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce. Top with brewers yeast. Eat it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment