10.5.11

Employment


I have not been gainfully employed for some time now. I know, I know I've been doing very important work here at home. That ain't gonna buy me a new pair of shoes now is it? It's coming up to 7 years at home. What skills could I possibly have left? Well I do rock at multitasking and have excellent customer service skills. What more do I need? That should get me several high paying gigs. Oh I forgot to mention I am very good at slack-assing, dog walking, choosing fun over chores, and jumping in the car with the kids for impromptu road trips.

I wish I was one of those people who honed a skill for a decade before staying home. Then I'd at least have something to fall back on. I'll be starting from scratch. So if you know the perfect job for me, please let me know. I'd love to hear from you. And if you are hiring, please replace slack-assing with ass slapping when you read above. I don't want you to get the wrong impression of me.

Lemon Rosemary Potatoes

In this gluten free world I'm living in, I am trying to find some love for the potato. I think I've found a little here.

20 new potatoes
1/4 cup of butter (or more if you love your butter)
the juice of two lemons
2 sprigs of rosemary
sea salt and fresh pepper

Boil your potatoes until tender. While potatoes are cooking, melt your butter in a pan. Add rosemary until it softens a little. This should only take a few minutes. When potatoes are cooked, drain them and toss them in a bowl with the rosemary butter. Add salt and pepper and pour on lemon juice. Toss again and serve warm.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Alysa,
    re: employment ~ I share your sentiments, my predicament exactly!
    re: potatoes ~ Sound yummy! I do a similar version, less lemon, add garlic ,toss in butter&/olive oil and oven baked, most excellent!
    btw, LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can, and of course it's a big if, try to think entrepreneur instead of job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice. I do veer towards the entrepreneur side of things but it's a hard slog. Maybe I just haven't come up with the winning combination. Bacon friendly blog coupled with hard working mom hasn't resulted in any financial benefits. I'll keep thinking about it and I'm sure something will work out. Please send me any ideas.

    ReplyDelete